2018 VW Passat Trim Levels
The VW Passat is no pushover. Not only has it withstood the test of the time, it's only gotten better. Just as it has in the past, the 2018 model provides prospective Passat shoppers with a wide variety of trim levels to choose from. The 2018 VW Passat trim levels, from base to top-of-the-line, are as follows: S, R-Line, SE, SE with Technology, SEL Premium and V6 SEL Premium.
While there are countless differences between the six trims, almost all of them share one common engine. Standard in every trim level minus the V6 SEL Premium, one will find a 2.0-liter turbocharged engine with 174 horsepower. As estimated by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), this base engine earns up to 25 mpg in the city and 36 mpg on the highway.
The V6 Engine
The V6 SEL Premium, as its name reveals, is the proud owner of an exclusive 3.6-liter V6 engine. This mechanical monster punishes pavement with 280 horsepower! Between this incredible power and the top-of-the-line features, it's no surprise that many Passat shoppers are enticed by this unmatchable masterpiece.
Standard Features on Each Trim
Listed below are some key features from each trim level as well as the starting Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) for each.
- S – Standard features include automatic headlights, 16-inch alloy wheels and a rearview camera. Starting MSRP is $22,995.
- R-Line – Added features include VW Car-Net App-Connect, 19-inch Salvador alloy wheels and R-Line front and rear bumpers. Starting MSRP is $24,995.
- SE – Added features include keyless entry and ignition, Blind Spot Monitor and a power tilting and sliding sunroof. Starting MSRP is $26,295.
- SE with Technology – Added features include remote start, Park Distance Control and touchscreen navigation system. Starting MSRP is $29,595.
- SEL Premium – Added features include leather seating surfaces, LED headlights and a premium audio system. Starting MSRP is $31,650.
- V6 SEL Premium – Features mirror the SEL Premium with the addition of Lane Departure Warning. Starting MSRP is $34,650.